Wednesday 20 May 2009

22 weeks pregnant

I'm a little behind on the updates, I know. The business of life has exceeded my capacity to update the blog regularly.

So, where are we? The twenty week scan was another moment of world-shift. Bill was jiggling about a lot, letting us see the incredible intricacies of the bones. The facial features were quite clear, in so much as the position of the eyes, nose and ears. Big ears, like mine were (apparently). The heart was incredible: four pockets of dark pulsating with the energy of the cosmos.

And now, we're at 22 weeks. We've been to the Baby Show. We've bought things. We've ordered the pram.

22 weeks. Twenty-two weeks. Twenty-two weeks. We're past half way. I'm going to be a dad in less than 20 weeks.

And if that were not weird enough, we found this as we were googling. Amazing to think that there is one of those inside my wife right now. Frightening to think that here in the UK, abortions can still be performed at 24 weeks. I don't really want to go into the ethics of such things, but I find that a bit sickening.

But let's not dwell on such things. Let's think about the Bundle in his/her new clothes that we've been buying.

Oh, and I need to do some marking.

No comments:

Post a Comment